Passing the Baton
Bethlehem Church Life Centre is a 21st century church, carrying a vision and mission that has lasted for over two thousand years; which is to Love God and Love People!
Born out of the 1904 Welsh Revival, the early 1920’s saw the earliest version of BCLC.
In 1932 Bethlehem Pentecost Church was built.
Over the years the evolving needs of our church community saw reconstruction of the building in the 1950’s and periodic change through to our current facility in 2005.
Over the years a succession of leaders and committed volunteers have passed the baton onto the generation that currently builds BCLC’s legacy for the future.
Should you choose to visit us you will find that:
We are God Centred, Purpose Driven and People empowering.
We are exciting and full of life.
We are not religious
We are enabling everyone to live a life of high expectation!
We are enabling ordinary people to live extraordinary lives.
We are a deeply committed, loving, caring family where you can find refuge, new hope and a sense of belonging.
Our Vision and Mission
Our Vision and Mission is:
- To see the transformation of our community
- To help families
- To see people free from all forms of addiction and abuse
- To see people healed and restored in spirit, soul and body
The two great commandments, To love God and to love our fellow man (Luke 10 v 25-28) are at the heart of our church, our worship, and our work in the community.
We endeavour to see our vision translated into positive social action, and use our resources to make provision for families, children and youth and all who need our help and support.
We also work with local and national government, charitable trusts and foundations, to support making our community a safe, peaceful, prosperous and Godly place to live.
We continue to work tirelessly to reduce the practical problems of our age which includes the desire to eliminate poverty, deprivation, crime, drug/substance abuse and abuse of all kinds, and work to see wholeness, goodness, godliness and prosperity promoted.
Click here to see our Annual Report
Our faith supports our desire to see everyone grow spiritually and practically.
- That the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16)
- In one God, in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (John 14:16-18)
- In Salvation by the decision to repent (change direction) and the commitment to ongoing growth and development. (John 3:16)
- It is important to understand and develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit working alongside our spirit as the daily companion to living life well. (Romans 8:14)
- We believe in water Baptism and taking Communion as signs of acceptance of the christian faith and commitment to a Godly life. (Matthew 28:19 and 1 Corinthians 22:23-32)
- We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ
Meet Our Team
Trustees: Our Trustees are responsible for oversight of our Charity operations, governance and compliance.
Our pastoral care framework and eldership is responsible for helping people to connect with one another, build long lasting friendships and grow practically and spiritually.
It enables us to holistically provide cradle to grave service to our community that encompasses the scope of real life challenges that our church encounters.
It includes: Sunday School, Life Groups, Food-bank, Home and Hospital Visits, our local village, Births, Deaths and Marriages.
Gail Thomas- Pastoral Care Coordinator (New Visitors, Home and Hospital Care Visits, Church Registrar)
Mark and Lorraine Heydon- Life Group Leaders and Prayer Team Coordinators
Glyn and Debbie Udraufski- Life Group Leaders
Rachel Steed- Families Team and Sunday School Coordinator
Centre Staff: Our staff are responsible for the day to day running of the centre.
Nigel Ipinson-Fleming- Centre Director
Mark Partridge- Centre Team Support
Jodi Kinsey- Centre Team Support
Sarah Panes- Centre Team Support
Gail Thomas- Finance Manager