Passing the Baton
Bethlehem Church Life Centre is a 21st century church, carrying a vision and mission that has lasted for over two thousand years; which is to Love God and Love People!
Born out of the 1904 Welsh Revival, the early 1920’s saw the earliest version of BCLC.
In 1932 Bethlehem Pentecost Church was built.
Over the years the evolving needs of our church community saw reconstruction of the building in the 1950’s and periodic change through to our current facility in 2005.
Over the years a succession of leaders and committed volunteers have passed the baton onto the generation that currently serves the New Testament vision for the church.
Should you choose to visit us you will find that:
We are ordinary people – just like you – seeking to faithfully live out the Christian life
We are Jesus-centred and people-serving
We are excited about the gospel and full of life
We are not religious
We are working hard to serve our community, helping those in need wherever we can
We are a deeply committed, loving, caring family where you can find refuge, new hope and a sense of belonging.
Our Vision and Mission
Our Vision and Mission is:
- To love and serve God
- To love and serve the people of our community
The two great commandments, To love God and to love our fellow man (Luke 10 v 25-28) are at the heart of our church, our worship, and our work in the community.
We endeavour to see our vision translated into positive social action, and use our resources to make provision for families and all who need our help and support.
Our faith supports our desire to see everyone grow spiritually and practically.
- That the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16)
- In one God, in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (John 14:16-18)
- In Salvation by repentance (change direction) and baptism, and then the commitment to ongoing growth and development. (John 3:16)
- It is important to understand and develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit working alongside us as the daily companion to living life well. (Romans 8:14)
- We believe in water Baptism and taking Communion as signs of acceptance of the christian faith and commitment to a Godly life. (Matthew 28:19 and 1 Corinthians 22:23-32)
- We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ
Meet Our Team
Our pastoral care framework and eldership is responsible for helping people to connect with one another, build meaningful friendships and grow practically and spiritually.
This includes: Life Groups, Food Locker, Uniform Swap Shop, Home and Hospital Visits and assisting at key family occasions, such as weddings and funerals.
Jonny Matthew – Elder
Gail Thomas – Pastoral Care Coordinator (New Visitors, Home and Hospital Care Visits, Church Registrar, Treasurer)
Glyn and Debbie Udraufski – Life Group Leaders
Rachel Steed – Families Team Coordinator
Joel Steed – Food Parcel Coordinator
Rhydian & Joanne Lewis – Food Locker Stock Control and Accountancy
Karen Matthew – Uniform Swap Shop Coordinator
Numerous other church members volunteer and do invaluable work that contributes to the care we provide both in the church and in the community
Our Life Groups are the heart of the church – this is where we meet in small groups midweek, to share life together and grow in God.
Our group leaders are:
- Gail Thomas
- Glyn & Deb Udraufski
- Jonny & Karen Matthew
Trustees: Our Trustees are responsible for oversight of the church’s charity operations, ensuring compliance with Charity Commission requirements.